Throughout the nail industry, hand sanitation has always been a priority. However, in light of the COVID pandemic, our clients are going to be even more keenly aware of our hand sanitation process.
As a technician, when I touch a client's hands, not only do my hands need to be thoroughly sanitized, but I need to be sure my clients are also. When a client enters any salon across Michigan technicians should be following these crucial steps before the start of the service:
- Before the client begins to touch your sanitized workstation and products – have them sanitize their own hands with hand sanitizer.
- The technician will also use sanitizer before applying a new set of gloves. It is the best practice to do in front of your client.
- All products used and touched throughout service are set aside to be sanitized again before the next guest.
- The client should avoid touching cell phones or personal items during the ceremony.
- Upon completion of the service, the technician will dispose of all single-use items, wrap up tools to be appropriately disinfected and remove gloves in a covered trash container.
- The technician will sanitize the hands, work area, and all supplies used to prepare for the next guest.